Building a home with Horizon Custom Builder is as easy as 1-2-3! We streamline the process so there is only one settlement at the completion of construction and we require a minimum deposit to get started. The Horizon team will work closely with you to guide you through the building process before, during and after construction.
1. Lot Deposit
A $1000 refundable lot deposit will reserve your desired lot for ten (10) days. During the 10 day lot deposit period, the Buyer is expected to:
• Obtain Mortgage Pre-approval and a Closing Cost Estimate. As a precaution, we also ask the Buyer to obtain pre-approval from our preferred lender, Jeff Garber of Academy Mortgage, 215-453-0500. There is no charge for this pre-approval and no obligation to use Jeff Garber or Academy Mortgage.
• Complete a BFI (Buyer Financial Information) Form. This form will be made available to the Buyer upon receipt of a lot deposit.
• Select the model/floor plan to be built and finalize all costs. The Horizon team will provide you with all of the necessary information on the lot, site improvements, floor plans and building specifications, custom options and delivery.
2. Builder's Agreement of Sale
An appointment to sign the Builder's Agreement is scheduled for a date that occurs within the 10 day lot deposit period. If the Buyer is represented by a real estate sales associate, the Buyer's agent is requested to accompany their Buyer to this appointment. The location of the appointment will take place at the model home or the Builder's office at 205 E. Mill Rd, Hatboro, Pa 19040.
A copy of the completed Builder's Agreement, including the approved cost sheet and warranty will be provided in advance of the signing appointment so that the agent and/or buyer have time to review the contract and address questions in advance.
The Buyer will provide the mortgage pre-approval(s), closing cost estimate and BFI, along with the initial deposit check. The total deposit required is $20,000 with a minimum deposit of $5,000 due at signing.
3. Mortgage Application & Construction
The Buyer is required to make a written mortgage application with the lender on the mortgage pre-approval letter, within 10 days of execution of the Agreement.
Jim Case personally oversees the building of the house. Once under Agreement, Buyers will work directly with Jim regarding options selection, scheduling and inspections.